Tuesday 14 July 2009

My Week Without Blue Cheese

Back from Vacation! I had a rather chill and refreshing week in the far North of Maine. Good times with family and friends, unfussy food, sleeping in the great outdoors, hiking, kayaking, swimming, and most importantly, lazing.

summer2009 080

The Katahdin region is beautiful this time of year.

summer2009 265

summer2009 137

It wasn't all fun and games though...

summer2009 109

A pair of socks were finished. These are the Rogue Roses socks. It was the BMFA Rockin' Sock Club shipment from, um, March. I've come to realize that it's okay to not start and finish the club socks the day you get them.

I modified them- i discontinued the rose vine pattern on the foot since the roses would irritate the tops of my feet. I'm thinking about gifting them. I have a lot of family who live in the far Northern Maine, and they need warm woolies more than I do in the relatively balmy winters of NYC. Some of them were eyeing the socks in progress with a bit of interest.

summer2009 134

Some spinning was done. Actually, a lot of spinning was done. Much more than I would on a normal work day! Miraculously, I spun every day for at least 10 minutes as part of the Tour de Fleece Goals. The Bee ended up being a perfect travel compainion. It was my carry-on bag and fit right under the plane seat. It survied a couple of boat rides as well.

I finished the BFL for the Aeolian Shawl:

summer2009 212

Not sure of my yardage yet since I just did a hasty elbow skein. I need to throw it on the niddy noddy and give it a bath to set the twist. This is my first finished yarn in long draw. It's 2-ply lace weight.

I started some brightly colored Shetland for a yoke sweater. It's a ply of dark purple Lorna's Laces wool top in "Black Pearl" and some Spunky Eclectic Shetland in the "Raisin Wannabe" colorway.

summer2009 150

summer2009 210

I love how the purple in the Shetland matches up with the purple in the Lorna's Laces, but then transitions to pink and then acid lime green.

Back to reality now, where everything seems a bit too frantic and noisy. At least there is blue cheese here! I sat down and chowed a good portion of a block of Roquefort. There was a noticible lack of it in my diet the past couple weeks.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You are blogging now! I will come back and get caught up. You saw MOOSE! Heh.

    ReplyDelete