Friday 7 February 2014

The Year of the Horse

Hey, Happy New Year!  I just like to celebrate whatever holiday is handy, which is also why I'm still recovering from a rather festive Burn's Night from two weeks ago.  


We caught one of the many parades that went through Chinatown last Sunday.  Lots of kids, costumes, and fire crackers, and some rather mediocre-looking food that included hot dogs on fried rice.  Muy athentico!



I haven't really found amazing food in the Chinatown here so far.  I was told I would have to search elsewhere if I wanted the good stuff, but I'm positive there's got to be a few gems here.  Any suggestions?




The sun was out, there were hoards of people out, I apparently couldn't keep my hands steady (damn you Robert Burns) but it made for a fun morning.






It's the year of the Horse, and I'm not quite sure what that means for me yet, but I'm sure it will have some long-lasting ramification.  

I do see the Queen's Horses out in Hyde Park every morning when I'm walking back from my coffee-fetching mission.  The stables is right behind Buckingham Palace (I visited the first time I went to London) and they take them out every morning, rain or shine. 







No comments:

Post a Comment