Tuesday 28 May 2013

Falling in love with all things Danish

Hello! Here are some more pictures from Copenhagen (so. old. news.) before I launch into new adventures...

Copenhagen Copenhagen

The impressive gourmet Torvehallerne Market. It wasn't cheap, but it had some beautiful and quality mostly food items.

Copenhagen Copenhagen Copenhagen

There was a vendor there selling products exclusively from Bornholm, an island a bit further north up the coast. She had the most amazing Gotland lamb fleece. I am a convert: I spent the rest of my time there coveting all things Gotland. It was so soft and silky. The Gotland I've touched in the US feels like carpet wool in comparison, but I totally see what the big deal is now.

Copenhagen Copenhagen Copenhagen Copenhagen

A first:

Copenhagen

At Rosenborg castle, they made me PAY to have the option to take pictures inside. Seriously.

Kind of worth it? I guess? Indulge me.

Copenhagen Copenhagen

A lot of the artwork was very french-inspired.

Copenhagen Copenhagen Copenhagen Copenhagen Copenhagen

Mostly, I was in love with the gardens here.

Copenhagen Copenhagen Copenhagen Copenhagen Copenhagen Copenhagen Copenhagen

No comments:

Post a Comment