Thursday 4 July 2013

FO: Lingerie Socks

It's been a while since I've finished a pair of socks. Last fall maybe? I don't know. I've cooled on the sock knitting front a bit. I used to always have a pair on the needles and churned them out fairly regularly. My sock draw is crammed with those monsters now, and pretty much everyone I know has gotten a pair or two as gifts, so I kind of feel like I saturated my world with socks to the flooding point.

I cast on for a pair of Lingerie Socks way back in December to have something to knit while I was traveling around Morocco. I had a really pretty skein a dear friend of mine gifted of Silver Moon Farms sock yarn, with lovely bits of silver tinsel spun in. Twinkle toes! The color is "Sahara", which I thought was oddly appropriate considering where we were going.

WED_0708

So, here's what it's supposed to look like if you follow the pattern:

I started the charts, but then got frustrated wallowing through pages of complicated charts and corrections. Once I finished the cuff charts, which were complicated but not difficult to follow, I just said "fuck it" and went back to making a plain pair of socks. Sitting around in a cafe in a third world country with pages of patterns flying about and yarn tangling and trying to tink back mistakes and GAHHHHH plain socks. Mine look much unlike the model.

WED_2549

But the cuffs are so pretty! So I'm not unhappy. But once I got past them, I kind of lost enthusiasm and worked on them rarely, hence the six months it took me to finish them.

WED_2540

I knit them on size 0 needles, so they are nice and tight-fitting and they will squeeze inside of shoes without bunching up and being annoying. I love the little silvery bits worked in.

WED_2536 WED_2526

No comments:

Post a Comment