Thursday 21 October 2010

Handspun Yarn: The Curtain Dress

In my constant effort to use up my entire stash, I recently spun this gem up:

spinning stash

It's another bat from Butterfly Girl Designs. The color is called "Curtain Dress", and it's a rather dazzling blend of 67% bamboo, 25% merino and 8% firestar. I tore the batt into strips and let it spin up as it wanted to, with no real drafting and letting it lump and bump where it wanted to. This is a lot of fun sometimes if you can learn to give the control up and just let the yarn happen. Coming down after spinning from a sweater (lots of controlled spinning to get the yarn perfect and consistent) makes me okay with just letting this art batt become what it wants.

Antic 854

From 3.8 oz of batt, I ended up with 155 yards of a heavy aran-weight 2-ply.

Antic 853

I'm not quite sure what this will be yet- maybe a simple pair of mitts.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, it's so pretty! I can't wait to see what it grows up to be.

    ReplyDelete