Friday 20 January 2012

Orlando

Traveling for business can mean that going someplace the most people view with pure joy and happiness can fill me with pure dread and loathing.

Orlando

Oh yes. Seeing the sun coming up after several sleepless all-nighters due to the massive amount of work that needed to be done was some how a relief: that is one less sunrise that I will have to endure in this place. The weather appeared to be lovely outside, but days went by and I was inside the hotel and conference room the entire day and night. My entire life, for 5 days, was composed of forced socialization with middle-aged men for hours while eating mediocre hotel catering, drinking gallons of burnt coffee and trying to remember to smile and stand in a place where my phone gets reception.

Orlando

Orlando

I did go for a quick walk one afternoon in what was proclaimed as a "nature trail", but it ended up being a dirt road sandwiched between the golf course and a highway. I get my dose of nature when and where I can.

Orlando

Orlando

Orlando

There were some interesting birds- egrets, ibis, grebes, osprey and herons.

Orlando

Orlando

Orlando

Did I mention that they had has working while the rest of the states had a 3-day weekend? Nope, no bitterness here.

Orlando

Orlando

Orlando

Orlando

The company did do a nice thing and they had a buy-out of Universal Studios. Middle-aged men got to live out their fantasies.

Orlando

They did have a few rides open for us. We got to test each other's bravery, and ridicule each other when the bravery failed.

Orlando

Orlando

Orlando

The Magic 8 ball I won playing skiball came in handy when we needed answers about quota.

Orlando

Orlando

I told them they looked very "Rat Pack" and they smiled:

Orlando

It's good to be home. I think I'll be having a nice, relaxing weekend with absolutely no contact with co-workers.

No comments:

Post a Comment