Monday 15 July 2013

FO: Rusted Root

Oh, the dreaded Summery Sweater!

WED_3656

Dreaded because it usually means silk or cotton or linen is called for, and my hands will ache the entire time with the dreaded inflexibility of it all.

Alas, I discovered Rowan Calmer before it was unceremoniously discontinued, so I have a nice little stash of it squirreled away. It's cotton and acrylic micofiber blended together, but it's plied tightly and bouncily so the yarn has enough give that it's closer to wool in feel. I picked up the last 4 skeins at the bottom of the bargin bin last summer at Le Bon Marché, an ultra luxe department store in the 6th. I picked this top because it was knit top-down, so if I was tight on yardage, it would just be a little cropped.

WED_3658

I love the cherry-red color and I love the fit. It's a snug raglan tee, but stretchy and comfy, and as long as I don't wear something terribly low-waisted, it will keep my stomach covered.

WED_3660

The puffy little cap sleeves make this.

WED_3664

The pattern is Rusted Root from Zephyr Style. Despite the tight gauge on US 5 needles, I had this done in a week and a half without really even hustling. I used every single last bit of the 700 yards of Calmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment