Thursday 30 October 2014

FO: Stellaria Shawl

I never tire of knitting intricate lace shawls.


It doesn't matter that I will never wear this thing, but it was just so lovely to make, I don't feel like I've wasted any time at all.


It's the Stellaria Shawl from Twist Collective, a beautiful crescent shaped shawl with lacy broad leafs.


I used a bit over 1 skein of Rowan Fine Lace in Revival- a delicate light purplely pink.  It's about 550 yards, and it's a delicate suri alpaca and merino blend.  It's so gossamer and light.  This isn't really for warmth, but for decorating your decolletage.  It was kind of a pain in the ass to knit with- it was grabby, so if I wasn't paying attention, it would knot up upon itself and make a huge bird's nest that would take some deep breaths before I attempted to untangle.


Blocking was a bit of a chore- There's not enough pins in the world to pin out that many points- I think I did a decent job and got it fairly symmetrical.


The first half of this was really easy- it's all short rows back and forth and back and forth.  I had cast on during the train ride up to Glasgow and worked on it here and there during the West Highland Way hike.  By time time I was on the bus back to Glasgow, I had finished the short rows and was ready to move on to the lace, but that was exactly when the flu struck, and I spent the train ride back to London a shivering achy mess and couldn't stand the site of it.


A few weeks later, I picked it back up and finished the lace bit, and finished up in record time.  Sometimes, I just need a break.


The best part?  I found the yarn on sale at Liberty for  £4

It will be gifted, but I enjoyed flouncing around with it for a few minutes while planning my next lace creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment