Wednesday 5 May 2010

I decided not to go to Maryland Sheep and Wool this year. I checked the forecast a few days before and it was supposed to be near 90 for the weekend. I went to the beach instead. I love Rhinebeck because it really gets you into the sweater-season mood. You're outside in the chill fall air all day and it makes buying wool seem completely sensible. I just couldn't see myself getting into the sheep and wool spirit while wallowing through heat and humidity.

Plus, I still have this rather gorgeous Cormo fleece from last year that hasn't seen the spinning wheel yet.

crafty 002

Anyway, here are some pictures from last year. It wasn't quite so hot, but we had some rain and then some crazy swampy humidity.

MDSW 2009
Blue Face Leicester ewe. I think she looks kind of bashful.

MDSW 2009
Getting ready for the show ring

MDSW 2009
One of the things that MDSW has that Rhinebeck doesn't is lambs. Baby animals make me go "awwwwwwww".

MDSW 2009

MDSW 2009
Jacob lambs

MDSW 2009
Cotswold

MDSW 2009
Corriedale

MDSW 2009
This was a really friendly Blue Face ram. He was gorgeous but I couldn't get a picture of him since the second I scootched down to his level he would shove his face at me for petting.

MDSW 2009
Angora kids. Curly awesome sproingy goats.

MDSW 2009
I wish I had faster photo reflexes because this llama was about 3 seconds away from spitting.

MDSW 2009


Maybe next year we will get a nice chilly spring weekend for MDSW.

2 comments: