Friday 3 May 2013

Pompidou

The really unusual Modern Art museum in Paris is kind of a landmark. It's by far the tallest landmark in the Marias, and it's just so fun to look at.

WED_7641 WED_7637 France 2011 568

Inside, the building is home to a few things, including the Modern collection. I am hit-or-miss with stuff like this. I either think it's amazingly creative and visionary, or I have my head tilted with my ear on my shoulder, trying to figure out what it might be.

WED_7644

You also get really good city views from the top as you ride the futuristic tubes of the escalators up to the exhibit space.

WED_7647 WED_7648 WED_7651 WED_7655 WED_7657 WED_7660 WED_7664 WED_7666

The whole collection can be seen in a couple of hours (or, at least at my pace) and it covers a whole range of mediums. It's spacious enough so that even if it is crowded inside, it's never too much jostling, and there's always a lot of art students camped out on the floor sketching.

WED_7674

No comments:

Post a Comment