Monday 20 June 2011

Coney Island Mermaid Parade

I've been a bit overwhelmed lately as my job takes over my life and I spend the majority of my days and nights in the office as everything around me is breaking, malfunctioning, and just misbehaving in general.

Thankfully, there is the weekend. And oooh, what a weekend. Saturday was the annual Mermaid Parade, which is how they kickoff summer in Coney Island every June. It's the most amazing people-watching parade as all the wenches and mermaids stroll down the boardwalk, frequently wearing nothing but a bit of body paint. It's the closest things to Mardigras we might have here, except you don't need to throw beads to see anything.

I took so many pictures I might have to split these up in two posts, but as I listen to the clanging noise coming from the server room right now, I need all the weekend vibes I can get.

Just a fair warning: there are pictures of boobs. I don't find this obscene at all. But still, you might not want to have this on your work monitor when your boss walks in.

Mermaid Parade

Mermaid Parade

Mermaid Parade

Mermaid Parade

Mermaid Parade

Mermaid Parade

This guy wasn't even officially in the parade:

Mermaid Parade

Mermaid Parade

Mermaid Parade

Mermaid Parade

Mermaid Parade

Mermaid Parade

Mermaid Parade

Mermaid Parade

Mermaid Parade

This woman was having a wardrobe malfunction, much to the crowd's enjoyment:

Mermaid Parade

Mermaid Parade

Mermaid Parade

Mermaid Parade

More pictures in a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment