Tuesday 25 March 2014

FO: Snowflake Mittens

Hey now, it's springtime.  I should get some mittens on.

002

I don't know what inspired me to make such wintry-themed mitts so late in the season- maybe it was east-coast empathy!, but, eh.  There's always the sunny optimism of  next year's winter, and I will always have friends with cold hands.

003

The yarn is KnitPicks Palate, a fingering-weight rather affordable wool yarn that comes in many, many colors.  The pattern was also from KP, although, I can't recommend it highly.  The adult sizes run so small that I had to go up three needles sizes from the recommended gauge just to be able to get a good-sized mitt happening.  Still, they are pretty and worth the effort.

008

I love the wintry colors.  Those are words no one has ever said in March ever.  

No comments:

Post a Comment