Tuesday 27 July 2010

FO: Lavalette shawl

I love little scarves and shawls. Working in an office that is frequently over-cooled year round makes me even more prone to collect them. They keep you just warm enough and they tend to make you look much more fabulous than you already do.



I put on a scarf and voila! Suddenly I am racing around Monaco in a pimp car with an over-tanned Cary Grant flirting with me. It's magic, I tell you.

When I was picking out projects for my travels, the Lavalette shawl jumped out at me. It's a simple stitch pattern ideal for paying attention only halfway. I paired up this yarn:

aug2 039

It's 360 yards of Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock lightweight in "Sunkissed Sands" colorway. Onward, my A-Z stashdown marches. I'm slowly chipping away at the stash.

The shawl made its rounds in Cathar Country up in the Pyrenees:

Europe Summer 2010 090

and we had ourselves a nice time in the salty marshland of the Camargue in Provence:

Europe Summer 2010 386

By the time I got home, it just needed to be bound off and blocked.

Lavallette

I just kept knitting until I ran out of yarn, did a couple of plain rows and ended the whole thing.

Lavallette
ahem. You would think Grace Kelly would comb her hair on the weekends. Sheesh!

Lavallette


It was super easy to the point of boredom. No counting involved and no lace charts. Great for watching the scenery go by while keeping yourself occupied.

This is going to be gifted, but I'm not saying to whom. I'm hoping it goes on some good adventures with the recipient in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment