Thursday 16 February 2012

My Friend Jewel...

She's a yodeler. Check out this video of her, showing off her crazy yodeling chops for the TV lady. I can't get the video to embed, which I'm not going to let ruin my day. Jump to the 2 minute mark to hear her sing, it's totally worth your time:


Segment Four: Main Streets and Back Roads/Bethel, Maine - Video - WCVB Boston


Last summer, after 10+ years of living in New York, I finally got her on a plane and took a couple days from work to show her around. We had a fantastic time being tourist and seeing the sights. She's one of the sweetest people I know, and she has a child-like sense of wonder about pretty much everything. It's quite refreshing for a jaded city dweller to spend time with someone like that.

Jewel

2 comments:

  1. I've lived in NYC all my life and I love taking friends from out of town to see the sights. It's wonderful to see our great city through a tourists eyes.

    ReplyDelete