Tuesday 19 March 2013

FO: Snowtracks Hat

Another gift hat!

WED_5380

By the time La Poste gets around to delivering it, there probably won't be much need for such a warm hat, but eh. There's another winter coming up soon.

This one worked up quick-as-a-bunny with another skein of Cascade 220 Tweed. I'm trying to knit my stash down to scraps, and then make a striped hat out of all the scraps. One can dream, no?

WED_5385

It's simple, it's very warm, and a bit oversized for a friend who has a lot of hair to tuck under.

WED_5397

It's called the Snowtracks hat. That made me think of cocaine, so I made it in an un-pure purple color. I made the ribbing at the bottom extra long so you could fold it over to keep the ears extra warm. I found it very much to be a caricature of a winter-hat shaped hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment