Wednesday 16 September 2009

Sexy Stockings!

These deserve a better photo op then this:

sept2009 224

Yet the official sock photographer of the house is still away on vacation.

sept2009 221

They are Bettie's Lace Stockings from the Spring 2009 Interweave Knits. Sexy, Lacy knee-high stockings. I used Knit Pick's Risata, which was an excellent choice for this kind of stocking. The pattern recommends making a lace garter and sewing a bit of elastic in at the cuff, but that's not necessary when the entire sock is made with a wee bit of elastic. The fiber content of the yarn is 42% Cotton, 39% Superwash Merino Wool, 13% Polyamide, 6% Elite Elastic. I have no idea what kind of snobbery constitutes elitist elastic, but it works. It's a strong cabled yarn, so I'm not worried about it falling apart after a few wears. It's got a chewy textured feel to it. Really fun to knit with. I originally bought this to make a pair of fishnet stockings, but when I saw this pattern, I cast on right away.

The pattern was straightforward and easy to memorize. I did get tired of it after the zillionth repeat, but it does move along quite quickly. These would even look cute as socks- I almost stopped once I got just past the ankle.

No comments:

Post a Comment