Tuesday 22 December 2009

FO- Snapdragon Tam

I started this on the plane back from Zurich. It took about a week to knit- it wasn't easy to memorize this pattern and the cables were pretty complex. It's PAY ATTENTION knitting.

Once I was done, two thing occurred to me.

1. Gauge swatches should have been made in the cable pattern, lest you want to end up with a feedbag for your head.
2. Very few people can pull of The Wearing of the Tam.

It ended up being huge. I threw it in the wash machine twice (I only have access to a front-loader, so it took the guesswork right out of the felting process) and then threw it in the drier for 10 minutes before taking it out and blocking it over a dinner plate and letting it dry on the radiator. The stitches tightened right up and the cables popped. Once it was dry, it was deemed wearable. Just not by me.

dec2009 990

I used a bit over 2 skeins of Rowan Yorkshire Tweed, which is a discontinued dk weight yarn. It's a 2-ply yarn that is a bit undertwisted, so it wouldn't stand up to a lot of wear and tear.

No comments:

Post a Comment