Monday 1 August 2011

FO: Jordan Lace Tank

I have a huge backlog of knitwear to show you. It's embarrassing, really. I made all these cute summery tops and it's been too hot to wear anything but the barest of barely there garments. Most of them require a bit of an undergarment or cami underneath- lace knitwear can be quite revealing and, uh, I just don't want to draw that kind of attention to myself. So camisole layer it will be!

Here's the first one I finished.

knits 007

It's the Jordan by Wendy Bernard. It's a fun, easy lace knit. You make a tube and then attach two sleeves. Voila! Instant shirt. It's the same front and back, and aside from seaming up the sleeves to the top edge, there is no finishing.

knits 010

I used 2.5 skeins of Louet Euroflax Sportweight in Aqua for the medium size. Linen is interesting to work with- you get such a nice, crisp lace pattern with really perfect stitch definition. It does show unevenness in your stitches though- any plain stockinette sections irked me. It does work perfectly for lace. I used size US4 needles to get gauge.

It did tend to hurt my hands a bit- it has no give or bounce at all, so I couldn't work on this for long stretches of time without taking a break. The yarn could also be quite slippery. You do not want to drop a stitch with this stuff...you'll find it somewhere near the bottom every single time. Curses.

knits 012


It did soften up quite a bit after a wash and it's drapey and swinging nicely. I really enjoyed making this and I want to wear it all the time. I have a few more skeins of this in my stash and I'm trying to decide which cute linen top to make next. Ahh, maybe next year. I've already had my non-wool fill.

knits 014

Linen looks great with a little bit of a tan and a cocktail in hand. I love the way this turned out. The only modification I made is that the sleeves are slightly shorter than as written- I just did one less lace repeat.

knits 019

Also- the necklace can be had from my Etsy shop. It's a double strand of Garnet gemstones and simply gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment