Monday 12 December 2011

Life is precious.

Just a quick post to start the week.

I went to a lovely memorial on Saturday for Jose Gaytan, who is Knithound Brooklyn's husband. He passed after a terrible and long battle with cancer. He was a very talented photographer, documenting life in less than glamorous places and finding beauty in grit and industrial grime. Check out his website for a great retrospective of his work. The NY Times also had a lovely write-up about him that I found especially touching.

Every time we managed to snag a moment with Knithound in the past year it's been heartbreaking to hear about the struggle and all they had to go through. All of my issues and daily annoyances are trivial compared to what she's been dealing with. I officially give up my right to complain about anything, ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment