Saturday 16 November 2013

Florence

Oh, Florence! I thank you for making me feel better about my hips.

Let us just call Botticellli a hero amongst women. Spending time in the art galleries and museums of Florence puts me at ease with being naked and curves are sexy and eating pasta is what I was born to do.

WED_8669

While I didn't have a single bad meal in all my travels in Italy, in Florence, you don't have to work that hard to get fed well. A fantastic find: Nocciolo, a alto adige cheese with a hazelnut liqueur washed rind, and a creamy blend of cows, goats, and sheeps milk. It's enough to make a frenchman cry I do believe.

WED_8673 WED_8679 WED_8683

Oh, but the art. Wandering around Michelangelo's sculptures in the Piazza della Signoria, dominated by the Palazzo Vecchio, was magic. The perfect marble bodies, posed in violence and threats, were a ghostly thing in the dark.

WED_8686 WED_8687 WED_8691 WED_8696 WED_8699 WED_8702 WED_8709

No comments:

Post a Comment