Tuesday 20 October 2009

Rhinebeck! Part I

Rhinebeck weekend! After seeing that a nor'easter was forecasted, I spent Friday morning digging out from under my bed my stash of deepest, darkest winter clothes. Knee-length wool coat, boots, winter woolies, waterproof pants, long johns...and the weather ended up being pretty damn fabulous.

What better way to spend the weekend of the Knitter's Christmas then with 7 really awesome fun friends who are equally passionate/obsessive about the craft as you are? I can't think of a better situation.

Here is KnitHoundBrooklyn's fabulous handspun snail hat:

oct2009 090

The colors just scream fall. So does the apple core.

oct2009 093

oct2009 092

oct2009 100

The fall colors were fabulous. Our rental cottage overlooked the Esopus creek on a dead end street in the woods.

oct2009 096

A perfect place for a bunch of city kids to hang out for the weekend.

If you are ever in Saugerties, I would highly recommend checking out Miss Lucy's Kitchen. They source local food and cook it up right in a cozy unpretentious setting.

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment