Tuesday 13 March 2012

FO: Petite Facile

I am having one of those days at work that the only thing I have to really happy about is that the girlscout cookies are here. Suddenly, life is good.

I recently made a sweater for a wee one, which never really inspires me. Forgive the boring pictures of a baby sweater without a cute baby bundled up in it. A boy-child yet to be born, but it got sent out with a flourish today as I won't care to figure out where it will be in the grand scheme of things when said baby makes an appearance. Better be safe and get it out early.

march 2012 060

I am none too precious with baby clothes. Hence, the worsted weight cotton that I bought at the sale that Suss had when she closed in New York. That was six years ago. I am loathe to make anything but baby clothes from the yarn; it makes my hands ache. It's machine washable and I'm assuming that the precious little bundle of joy will most likely throw up a few times before his first birthday. This uses up the last of my stash of it. Please hold your applause.

march 2012 063

I actually have no idea what size mini-person this might fit. Babies are either shockingly small or surprisingly huge to me. If I make something larger then I know it will fit eventually, unless they have a terrible genetic disorder and they end up being a regular guest on Maury Povich. Does he still have a show? Never mind. I don't want to know.

march 2012 070
I
The sweater pattern is called "Petite Facile" -the "Little Easy" and it's from Interweave Knits Winter 2011 issue. It's written as a solid-color, but, having limited yarn, I saw the opportunity for color blocks. I think it's cute, and it doesn't even look like I was afraid of running out of yarn. Or does it?

march 2012 074

It had a fun construction with short-rows for the sleeves and some easy finishing. I made the 3-6 month size, but because I didn't do a gauge swatch, I don't know how accurate this is. It will fit eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment