Friday 27 September 2013

Back to Brooklyn

I find it amazing that Brooklyn has been such a marketing buzzword power lately. Even in Maine, there was "Brooklyn Bakery" and a few other odds and ends of Brooklyn culture seeping in. "Brooklyn", as both a dining option and a hipster style, is huge right now in Paris. It's bizarre. I feel like I will never escape the borough's siren call. I wonder if anything has ever been successfully marketed using Staten Island? No?

WED_5173

It also leaves me wondering if the borough will soon get its own syndrome named after it. What do you mean, not everyone here has a rooftop garden and is making their own cured sausages with free-range pork? This is not what I expected at all!

WED_5175 WED_5178

Even when it was so gross and sticky out where I remembered how much summer time can really suck, I re-discovered ice coffee, and all was right with the world.

WED_5532 WED_5179 WED_5185 WED_5203 WED_5192

Plus, from Brooklyn you get a view of the world that you just can't get in Manhattan.

WED_5308

It will cost you though...the days where Brooklyn was considered a cheaper alternative to Manhattan are long gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment