Monday 24 December 2012

Retrospect

Oh, the year I've had. The year we've all had.

Jan 1 2011

It's been a really interesting one. It's the year of drastic changes for me as I shook my life up. It's yet to be determined if this is recommended, but I did it and here I am.

It started with a swim at Coney Island (and a Nathan's hot dog. With fries.)

I took off and moved to a new country. It's been hard, but I'm so thankful for the experience and I am happy because of it. Escaping from New York is hard, but it can happen.

I said goodbye to old routines and started new ones. I said goodbye to a whole lot of people, and became an expert in cocktail conversations on my way to meet new people. I've sold or put in storage all my belongings and I've learned to live out of a suitcase.

I am so lucky to be able to travel and see and do all the things. Iceland, Norway, Czech Republic, Hungary, Belgium, plus I got to see a great deal more of Paris and France. I've eaten quite well throughout. Don't think for a second that I am ignorant of how fortunate I am.

I'm out of town for the next couple weeks. I figure what better way to start the New Year by starting to explore an entire new continent.

As always, may you all have your health and find happiness in the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment