Monday 16 December 2013

Salon du Cheval

Every fall in Paris, there is a week-long horse show called the Salon du Cheval at the Nord Villepinte convention center out by CDG airport.

WED_1266

There are a lot of horse-world events- jumping grand prixs, training clinics, demonstrations, and a huge marketplace if your wallet needs to be lightened. I went out to check it out, as the fact the French love their horses both on and off the dinner plate amuses me to no end.

WED_1269

The lighting was rubbish from the start in there, so I quite happily switched to shoot in black and white.

WED_1289 WED_1318 WED_1368 WED_1466 WED_1574 WED_1612

The day I was there, the pony jumpers were showing. Those kids were fierce and totally fearless. I love that.

WED_1393 WED_2093 WED_2000 WED_1986 WED_1831

My favorite moments are the ones right after the last fence is cleared:

WED_2110

Oh, and you will be happy to know that there are bad ponies are all over the world:

WED_2012

(and bad riders as well).

WED_2184

My first and only rules about manes: if you never learn, you don't have to do it. Braiding was always a challenge for me. I totally admire anyone who can make neat even rosettes on a moving and oftimes itchy animal.

WED_2331

I'm going to try to throw together some gif files for tomorrow, as I have about a thousand pictures of jumping ponies to get through.

No comments:

Post a Comment